Translational inhibition due to CHEAP RETIN-A the fact that the path of the excitation occurs Br neuron. recurrent inhibition     Carried intercalary brake cells (Renshaw). Axons of buy nolvadex online canada motor neurons often give collaterals (branches), ending with Renshaw cells. Renshaw cell axons terminate on the body or dendrites of the motor neuron, forming inhibitory synapses. Arousal that occurs in motor neurons travel in a straight path to the skeletal muscle, as well as collaterals to inhibitory neurons, which send impulses to motoneurons and inhibits them. The stronger the motor neuron excitation, the more excited Renshaw cells and the more intense they exert their inhibitory effect, which protects nerve cells from overstimulation. lateral inhibition    
 

[ Masterweb Reports: Isiaka Wakili reports ] - The Federal Executive Council yesterday approved N40.2 billion for rescuscitation and completion of Kotangora/Aura Dam and an irrigation dam in Kotangora in Niger State State as well as N222m for pest control in 11 states.
 
The Minister of Water Resources, Suleiman Adamu, told State House reporters that the dam project had been on since 1985, but was reviewed from the initial N18 billion required to complete it.
 
Adamu, who put duration of the contract at 36 months, said the National Irrigation Master Plan which was launched in 2016 would ensure the provision of irrigation for 100,000 hectares of land.
 
Agriculture Minister Audu Ogbeh said the FEC approved a memo for the usage of aircraft to spray pests destroying farm produce in 11 northern states including Zamfara, Kebbi, Kano, Yobe, Borno, among others.
 
Ogbeh said inspite of efforts towards boosting local production, massive smuggling of rice into the country through land borders had was still challenge.
 

The minister added that the use of drones to spray the pests coming from Niger Republic, saying it would be cheaper.
 

*Photo Caption - As seen.

[ Masterweb Reports: Isiaka Wakili reports ] - Nov. 1: President Muhammadu Buhari will today present the 2018 budget estimates to a joint session of the National Assembly, Daily Trust has learnt.
 
Multiple sources at the Presidency told our correspondent that the Executive had completed arrangements for the presentation of the fiscal document to the National Assembly.
 
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) had, at its meeting presided over by President Buhari last Thursday, approved the draft budget proposal.
 
A source hinted yesterday that the president had got the nod of the National Assembly's principal officers for the submission of the document.
 
"Yes, arrangements have been completed, the budget will be presented to the legislature this Thursday so that they can begin working on it in earnest," said another source.
 
The Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udoma Udoma, had last week told State House correspondents that the executive would fulfil its promise of getting the budget proposal ready in October.
 
"We are liaising with the National Assembly because they have to approve the date for the president to come and address them to submit the budget. Before now, we used to submit in December, but now, the budget is ready in October. So, there is a very big difference," Udoma had stated while addressing journalists shortly after last week's FEC meeting.
 
Meanwhile, President Buhari last night, at the new Banquet Hall of the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja, hosted principal officers of the National Assembly to a rescheduled dinner.
 
The dinner could not hold last Thursday because the lawmakers refused to undergo personal security checks at the Pilot Gate of the Presidential Villa.
 
At press time yesterday (9:35pm), the dinner was still ongoing.
 
The president was expected to, among other things, lobby the leadership of the National Assembly ahead of tomorrow's presentation of the 2018 budget proposal.
 
Presiding officers of the two chambers of the N/Assembly may read the President's letter on the budget presentation today. (Daily Trust)
 
*Photo Caption - President Buhari
 

[ Masterweb Reports: Isiaka Wakili reports ] - The Federal Executive Council yesterday approved N40.2 billion for rescuscitation and completion of Kotangora/Aura Dam and an irrigation dam in Kotangora in Niger State State as well as N222m for pest control in 11 states.
 
The Minister of Water Resources, Suleiman Adamu, told State House reporters that the dam project had been on since 1985, but was reviewed from the initial N18 billion required to complete it.
 
Adamu, who put duration of the contract at 36 months, said the National Irrigation Master Plan which was launched in 2016 would ensure the provision of irrigation for 100,000 hectares of land.
 
Agriculture Minister Audu Ogbeh said the FEC approved a memo for the usage of aircraft to spray pests destroying farm produce in 11 northern states including Zamfara, Kebbi, Kano, Yobe, Borno, among others.
 
Ogbeh said inspite of efforts towards boosting local production, massive smuggling of rice into the country through land borders had was still challenge.
 
The minister added that the use of drones to spray the pests coming from Niger Republic, saying it would be cheaper.
 
*Photo Caption - President Buhari
 

[ Masterweb Reports: Isiaka Wakili reports ] - The Federal Executive Council Wednesday authorised the Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, to ratify a memorandum of understanding with the Swiss government on the repatriation of the $321m fresh Abacha loot.
 
Briefing State House correspondents after the cabinet meeting, Malami said the council approved his memo aimed at shifting the focus to international recovery of stolen funds and assets having succeeded in local recoveries.
 
The AGF recalled that about a week ago, Nigeria succeeded in recovering $85 million "relating to Malabu issues from the United Kingdom."
 
He stated: "Now, there exists a forum, that is Global Assets Recovery Forum taking place in December in the US and we are looking towards that, we are in agreement substantially with the Swiss for the recovery of additional sum of $321million.
 
"That memorandum of understanding has been substantially agreed between Nigeria and the Swiss. We intend to now execute or sign off the agreement during the global forum on assets recovery coming up December. The intention of the memo is to seek the approval of the council to allow the Attorney-General to sign the agreement on behalf of the government of the Federation of Nigeria. Two, is to develop an instrument of ratification which will now give the Attorney-General the powers to ensure the repatriation of the funds.
 
"It's collectively agreed upon between Nigeria and Swiss that we on own part should seek the approval of council to ratify the MoU as agreed, and they on their own part too, procure the instrument of ratification that will now give the respective officers of the two countries the desire power and effect to now sign off on the agreement.
 
"The memo has accordingly been agreed and approved by the council. The implication of which is that the MoU as negotiated between Nigeria and Swiss has been agreed and ratified by council and then the Attorney-General has been mandated to execute the agreement that will see to the repatriation of the $321m."
 
*Photo Caption - Dollar notes
 

[ Masterweb Reports: Ebuka Onyeji reports ] - The Indigenous People Of Biafra, IPOB, has reacted to a claim by ex-military head of state, Yakubu Gowon, that late warlord, Odumegu Ojukwu caused the Biafra civil war.
 
IPOB asked Mr. Gowon to stop making "false" statements against the late warlord. The group accused Mr. Gowon of having the penchant of distorting history, especially as it concerned the civil war.
 
Mr. Gowon had recently in an interview with AIT Television said "Ojukwu’s lies caused the civil war in the country between 1967 and 1970."
 
He made the claim while giving insight into what happened at the Aburi Conference, in Ghana, convened to resolve the war.
 
He alleged that the civil war broke because Ojukwu went on television and gave his account of the Aburi Accord, which was at variance with what was agreed upon; thereby deceiving the people of Biafra to go to war against the Federal Government.
 
But IPOB in a statement by its Media and Publicity Officer, Emma Powerful, described Mr. Gowon’s comment as "total falsehood from the mouth of a hater."
 
"At the ripe old age of 83 and with the little window God has left open to him to repent and show remorse, Yakubu Gowon has chosen to continue to deceive himself with his bouquet of falsehood", the statement partly read,
 
"It was the Labour Party government of Britain that cleverly convinced the Arewa North to put pressure on Gowon to feign illness, thereby making it difficult for him to tell the country what was agreed in Aburi because they were not comfortable with the agreement.
 
"Today, Gowon, whom we are led to believe is a prayerful Christian, has said he wasn’t able to speak when he returned from Aburi because he was ill. Question is: Was his information minister also ill? Were all government’s spokesmen in Lagos also down with illness at the same time that made it difficult for Lagos to make a pronouncement on Aburi Agreement several weeks after the meeting?"
 
The group said "Mr. Gowon’s attempt to rewrite history would have worked had IPOB not been in existence."
 
Also reacting to Gowon’s claims, a former minister of aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, maintained that late Ojukwu agreed to the terms reached at Aburi.
 
Describing Mr. Gowon’s remark as false, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, chieftain stressed that the former head of state reneged on the agreement upon his return to Nigeria from Ghana.
 
In a tweet on his Twitter handle, Mr. Fani-Kayode wrote: "Gen. Yakubu Gowon, an elder statesman said Ojukwu caused the civil war by lying about what transpired in Aburi. This is false. Ojukwu told no lie. Gowon agreed to all the terms in Aburi but when he got home, he reneged on the agreement. This is what led to the civil war."
 
*Photo Caption - Yakubu Gowon
 

[ Masterweb Reports: Eugene Agha reports ] - No fewer than 399 suspects were arrested by troops during the Exercise Crocodile Smile conducted in Lagos and Ogun States respectively.
 
The 35 Artillery Brigade Commander, Brig.-Gen. Bassey Adonkie, who made the disclosure while giving an appraisal of the exercise at the closing ceremony of the Crocodile Smile 2 at 192 Battalion, Ajilete, Ogun State Saturday, said the Crocodile Smile 2 led to the arrest of suspected armed robbers, kidnappers and other criminals and recovery of ammunition.
 
A total of 399 suspects were arrested for different offences across the South-West region and handed over to various security agencies concerned.
 
In addition, 20 assorted arms were recovered, while illicit drugs were also recovered and handed over to the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA),” he said.
 
The commander who said over 1,000 officers drawn from Army formations in Lagos and Ogun states participated in the exercise, asserted that criminal activities had reduced following the crackdown.
 
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, who was represented by the Chief of Training and Operations, Maj.-Gen. David Ahmadu, said that the exercise leveraged on the gains of the Crocodile Smile 1.
 
Experience drawn from the exercise conducted in 2016 revealed that criminals and miscreants do flee from areas of ongoing operations to seek safe haven and cause security menace in areas hitherto regarded as peaceful. It was in line with this development, that I deemed it necessary to extend the areas of coverage for this year’s exercise Crocodile Smile to cover the South-West and South-South regions of the country,” he said.
 
He said that the exercise was a joint operation conducted with other sister agencies, adding that it improved comradeship, inter-agency cooperation and synergy.
 
The General Officer Commanding (GOC), 81 Division, Maj.-Gen. Peter Dauke, said the exercise was able to mitigate prevalent security challenges such as pipeline vandalism, militancy, ritual killings, smuggling, kidnapping and drug related offences.
 
*Photo Caption - As seen.

[ Masterweb Reports: Linus Effiong reports ] - The Abia State Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Donatus Nwankpa, has said that machinery has been set in motion with the inauguration of a special committee for the first mega rally of the party in the state.
 
He said President Muhammadu Buhari, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and other top APC national leaders are expected to attend the rally scheduled to hold in November.
 
Speaking at a joint stakeholder meeting/fundraising ceremony in Umuahia, yesterday, Nwankpa, a former commissioner, said people of the state were yearning for change and good governance which the party was ready to provide.
 
Nwankpa said the APC possesses the reach and strength to meet the desires of the people, adding that the rally would serve as a veritable platform to unveil those who have joined the party in the state.
 
He said: “We are aware of the challenge before the people of the state and that is why the APC apparatus has thrown in everything to woo credible and very distinguished sons and daughters of the state to join the party.
 
The chairman of the rally committee and a former member of the House of Representatives, Iheanacho Obioma, said given the calibre of politicians in the party and the number identifying with it every day, there was no doubt that the days of the present PDP administration in the state were numbered.
 
*Photo Caption - APC logo
 



 
[ Masterweb Reports ] - The Nigerian Air Force said on Wednesday that it believed the wife of Boko Haram terrorists’ leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mallama Fitdasi, had been killed in air strikes on a hideout in Durwawa area.
 
Durwawa is a location in the Konduga Local Government Area of Borno State.
 
The NAF Director of Public Relations and Information, Air Commodore Olatokunbo Adesanya, confirmed the strikes.
 
The Director of Public Relations and Information, NAF Headquarters, Air Commodore Olatokunbo Adesanya, disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday in Abuja.
 
According to Adesanya, Fitdasi was reported to have been representing her husband in a coordinating meeting with other insurgents at the location of the airstrikes.
 
He said NAF had carried out aerial attacks on large number of insurgents at Durwawa on Oct. 19.
 
"Battle Damage Assessment had indeed revealed that the aerial attack set off a fire, causing damage to the insurgents’ structures within the settlement.
 
"The airstrike also succeeded in neutralising most of the insurgents with a few of them fleeing the location," he said.
 
Adesanya said further that efforts were ongoing to confirm the reported killing of Shekau’s wife, alongside other insurgents.
 
*Photo Caption - As seen.

[ Masterweb Reports: Temidayo Akinsuyi reports ] - An Igbo group has thrown its weight behind the anticipated re-election bid of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019. While calling on all Igbo sons and daughters to give the president their mandate in 2019, they said that re-electing the president was the only way to reciprocate his love for Igbos.
 
To this end, the group says it had set up a platform called "Ndigbo for PMB 2019", to mobilise the rest of the people for the task ahead.
 
Addressing newsmen on Wednesday, Prince Paul Ikonne, the National Coordinator of the group, and a chieftain of All Progressives Congress, APC, in Abia State, said that the time had come for the South-East people to re-launch themselves in the mainstream of Nigerian politics.
 
He said that the people had a political miscalculation in the last general election in 2015 and had decided to right the wrongs of the past.
 
He said: "Some of our South-East brothers and sisters did not do too well in the last general election especially in the presidential election. So, in 2019, the Igbos must be properly positioned and physically seen to be supporting the president of Nigeria in the person of Muhammadu Buhari.
 
"So, our mission is very simple: to bring Igbos together from wherever they are for them to throw their weight behind the re-election of President Buhari. That’s what we would be championing.
 
"As you can see, we don’t have any other group so far calling on Mr. President to run for a second term. But this group, Ndi Igbo for PMB, will kick-start that project, the second term project of Mr. President so that Igbos will regain their rightful position in Nigerian politics. It is our responsibility.
 
"So, this first meeting we are holding is to have our state coordinators and national officers and then, map out our action plan, having in mind that our principal responsibility is to mobilize Igbos in order to vote for the President in 2019.
 

"We will first of all ask him to run and in asking him to re-contest, we all assure him that Igbos will vote for him massively because if you look at him very well, the President believes in Igbos more than any other zone in this country considering his political calculation in previous year," he said.
 

*Photo Caption - President Muhammadu Buhari
 

[ Masterweb Reports ] - Mrs Abike Dabiri-Erewa, the Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, has called for more time for Nigerians in Diaspora to obtain their Bank Verification Number (BVN).
 
Dabiri-Erewa also urged the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) to put modalities and logistics in place to make it easier for Nigerians abroad to obtain it.
 
"I hereby appeal to CBN to look into the challenges Nigerians living abroad are facing in getting their BVN done and extend the deadline for them to get the BVN done,’’ she said.
 
Dabiri-Erewa, in a statement on Tuesday in Abuja by her media aide, Alhaji Abdur-Rahman Balogun, said that the request for extension of deadline was to prevent forfeiture of their savings.
 
The presidential aide also pleaded with the commercial banks to make the procedure easier for their customers living outside the country to be able to meet up with the new deadline.
 
She said that the appeal became imperative in view of an interim order of forfeiture granted by a Federal High Court in Abuja on Oct. 17 over the matter.
 
Justice Nnamdi Dimgba of the Federal High Court, Abuja had ordered 19 commercial banks to show cause within 14 days why the balances in such accounts should not be forfeited.
 
The court had also directed them to file an affidavit of disclosure before the court, stating the names of the accounts as operated, account numbers and outstanding balances.
 
She recalled that the Federal Government had on Sept. 28 instituted an action in court for the forfeiture of any balance in a bank account without a BVN.
 
"This is why the Attorney-General of the Federation should intervene in this matter to assist Nigerians living abroad who are at disadvantaged by allowing them more time to comply with the BVN directive.
 
"The present practice is that banks only permit deposits into such accounts. No withdrawal is allowed. Should the Federal Government succeed, the money is forfeited permanently," Dabiri-Erewa said.
 
She said that Nigerians in the Diaspora had been remitting billions of U.S. dollars back to the country on yearly basis, being the highest on the continent of Africa.
 

According to her, this has been contributing to the socioeconomic development of the country. (NAN)
 

*Photo Caption - As seen.