Translational inhibition due to CHEAP RETIN-A the fact that the path of the excitation occurs Br neuron. recurrent inhibition     Carried intercalary brake cells (Renshaw). Axons of buy nolvadex online canada motor neurons often give collaterals (branches), ending with Renshaw cells. Renshaw cell axons terminate on the body or dendrites of the motor neuron, forming inhibitory synapses. Arousal that occurs in motor neurons travel in a straight path to the skeletal muscle, as well as collaterals to inhibitory neurons, which send impulses to motoneurons and inhibits them. The stronger the motor neuron excitation, the more excited Renshaw cells and the more intense they exert their inhibitory effect, which protects nerve cells from overstimulation. lateral inhibition    
 

[ Masterweb Reports: Isiaka Wakili reports ] - The Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, Malam Abba Kyari, was today conspicuously absent at the Federal Executive Council meeting presided over by Acting President Yemi Osinbajo.
 
The council meeting was attended by a large number of ministers and other cabinet members.

President Muhammadu Buhari had Sunday night departed for London for what he called follow-up medical consultation with his doctors.
 
*Photo Caption - As seen.

[ Masterweb Reports: Isiaka Wakili reports ] - Acting President Yemi Osinbajo on Friday formally inaugurated the board of the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

 

 

He said despite the fiscally constrained environment, the present administration had been able to increase the federal government’s commitment to the NSIA by 50 percent, committing an additional $500 million.
According to the acting president, though the federal government is committed to saving, the actual charge with this additional capital is investment.
He said as the NSIA moved to the second phase of its existence, the expectation was that the committed capital would be deployed into projects that were in line with the administration’s key priority areas like infrastructure and agriculture.
"For example, we expect prompt action on the commodities exchange, a vital component of our agricultural reform effort. I am pleased to note your participation with the governments of Delta and Akwa Ibom on the modular refineries project. They are several key projects that would unlock the economic potential of our country and get us faster out of where we are today," he said.
Obasanjo charged the board to fundamentally improve the performance of the authority and strengthen its operations, saying the National Economic Council, the NSIA's governing council and all Nigerians would hold them accountable to this mandate.
*Photo Caption - Nigeria Vice President Yemi Osinbajo

[ Masterweb Reports: Clement A. Oloyede reports ] - Wife of the President, Aisha Buhari has urged women in the country to continue to demand for more opportunities to serve as role models. Mrs Buhari who was represented by Mrs Grace Chamah, the wife of former Katsina state administrator, said this yesterday at the 10th Annual National Women Leadership Conference, organised by Leadbold Resources Consulting Limited in Abuja.
 
She said, “For development to be sustainable, it has to be inclusive. Women have to be given opportunities to showcase their contributions not just in service but also in leadership.” 
 
She urged the women to continue to show good examples in every sphere they found themselves, so that they would be made a point of reference at all times.
 
The Convener, Kelechi Ukah-Kingsley said the relegation of women to the background of political and governance structure was unhealthy for Nigeria’s national development, hence the need to change the attitude of women because the right “attitude from the women is capable of changing the world”.
 
*Photo Caption - Aisha Buhari

[ Masterweb Reports: Isiaka Wakili reports ] - The presidential panel probing allegations of violations of law and due process against the suspended Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal, grilled him again for several hours last night.
 
Babachir had last Tuesday appeared before the panel headed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo with the National Security Adviser Babagana Monguno and the Attorney-General of the Federation Abubakar Malami as members.
 
The suspended SGF is accused of influencing the award of contracts to firms linked to him under the Presidential Initiative on the North-East (PINE) supervised by his office.
 
It was gathered that Babachir was yesterday quizzed about the revelations made to the panel last Wednesday by the Director-General of the Bureau of Public Procurement, Mamman Ahmadu and other officials of the agency, which is responsible for vetting government contracts above N50 million.
 
A source close to the investigation panel told our correspondent that Babachir was also expected to answer questions on the information provided to the three-man committee by some members of the PINE during their appearance last Wednesday.
 
A Senate adhoc committee on the humanitarian crisis in the North-East had found Babachir culpable of alleged complicity in a N200 million grass-cutting contract to clear “invasive plant species” in Yobe State.
 
President Muhammadu Buhari had penultimate Wednesday, suspended Babachir and ordered the investigation into the allegations against him.
 
The investigation panel is expected to submit its report next Wednesday.
 
Babachir was still being interrogated as of the time of filing this report last night (9:40pm).
 
*Photo Caption - As seen.

[ Masterweb Reports: Kehinde Akinyemi reports ] - Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, at the weekend, warned saboteurs of both local and international investors in the country, declaring that woes betide such persons or group of persons.
 
Obasanjo said the emphasis by the present administration was on making Nigeria self-sustaining in production and consumption, as such he would kick against companies, whether indigenous or expatriates, that want to use unwholesome business practices to sabotage the self-reliance drive of the nation. 
 
The ex-president spoke in Abeokuta, Ogun State at an interactive session with the Indian Professionals’ Forum (IPF) in Nigeria.
 
He condemned a situation where some companies choose to Nigeria a dumping ground for substandard and fake products.
 
Obasanjo said: “There are Indians who are in partnership with Nigerians and they are doing well, we have some even here in Abeokuta. They are doing very well and it is very encouraging.
 
“But there are ugly faces, there are Indian companies that have been doing what they will not do in India and that is unfortunate and I hope those of you who are doing the right thing, who really make us proud and our association with India, will make sure that this type of bad things are stopped.
 
“I had the unfortunate responsibility to deport some Indians (the Vaswani brothers) from the country when they did wrong, my successors brought them back, he too later sent them back again. The one who brought them back, sent them back again because you see, a Leopard never changes its spots and they believe that they can bribe their way in this country.
 
“But woes betide that person, be it Nigerian, non-Nigerian or Indian who believes that he will live and corrupt this,” he said.
 
The IPF’s President, Mr. Dinesh Rathi, organized the interactive forum to further identify with Obasanjo and to tap from his wealth of experience.
 
According to Rathi, “we have found the interaction very useful and we are going back to tap into areas, which he (Obasanjo) had enjoined us to progress for the betterment of our relationship with Nigeria.”
 
*Photo Caption - Former President Olusegun Obasanjo

[ Masterweb Reports: Isiaka Wakili reports ] - The Presidency has debunked the claim by the suspended Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency, Ayo Oke, that the National Security Adviser, Babagana Monguno, was aware of the N43.4m stashed away at a private apartment in Ikoyi, Lagos.
 
A government official told journalists on Saturday that in the first instance, "Oke did not brief the NSA at all about the existence of such funds-$289M- or the projects they were meant for when the Buhari administration took office in May 2015, even though the money had been released in March the same year.
 
The offifial stated: 'The NSA office only got its first knowledge of the existence of such funds during the work of the presidential committee that audited the Defense Equipment Procurement in the Armed Forces. The Committee had observed certain payments from the CBN to the NIA and raised questions drawing the attention of the NSA.
 
'When the suspended DG of the NIA discovered that that Committee was raising questions and to forestall the NSA from "blowing the cover," he then gave his first report to the NSA on the existence of such funds and warned that the Committee's job does not cover the activities or the spendings of the NIA.
 
"The Presidential Committee on Audit of Defense Equipment Procurement, in the course of its assignment came across information that the NIA received a huge sum of money in early 2015 from the former President. Based on this the NSA carried out a preliminary investigation during which the NIA claimed the money was released for some projects aimed at commencing the Agency's 30th anniversary.This was in January 2017."
 
 
'Subsequently, a team was constituted" to ascertain the situation. The first suspicion of a potential abuse was noticed at this stage, according to sources, especially considering the amount of money involved and the purposes stated.
 
 
"This was how the NSA and the Presidency learnt of the existence of such funds. We were not told by anyone in NIA until the Committee saw something, and raised a red flag. However, when the embattled NIA top spy was now compelled to explain what was happening, "he still did not inform anyone in the Federal Government or presidency that he kept $43m of the said funds in cash at a private apartment anywhere in Lagos or any part of the country."
 
 
"This is the issue: the NSA was not told that NIA had this lump cash stashed away in the place it was eventually discovered by EFCC. In any case, extant rules are clear that such monies ought only to be placed in the NIA headquarters or in CBN vaults.
 
 
'There are also instances where CBN actually paid out some of the funds directly to some NIA contractors, raising questions why the suspended NIA needed to put aside such huge cash in a private apartment.
 
 
'The projects for which the former President approved the funds totaling $289m included two in Lagos whose cost were put at about $28m, which is way less than the $43m cash found in the Ikoyi apartment. Sources explained further that as at January this year, funds for the Lagos projects had actually been released to the tune of $18m, meaning only about $10m was left to be paid four months ago, before $43m was found in the Lagos apartment recently.
 
 
"So let us even assume that the NIA DG wanted to keep funds in Lagos for the Lagos based projects, he did not need that much for the total of the Lagos projects at all. And apart from that it is completely untenable to stash away agency money in a private apartment instead of keeping it with the CBN or inside the NIA head office where the money would be well-secured and its disbursement well protected. "
 
*Photo Caption - As seen.

[ Masterweb Reports: Isiaka Wakili reports ] - The suspended Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal, is currently being interrogated by the presidential panel probing him for the alleged mismanagement of funds meant for the northeast.
 
The three-man panel, headed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, is investigating the allegations of violations of law and due process made against the suspended SGF in the award of contracts under the Presidential Initiative on the North-East.
 
This is Babachir's first appearance before the committee which was constituted last Wednesday.
 
Details soon.
 
*Photo Caption - As seen.



[ Masterweb Reports: Dorcas Daniel reports ] - In a bid to commemorate the world malaria day, over 200 persons have been tested, treated and counseled on Malaria in Mpape by a non-governmental organization, Panacea Health and Awareness Foundation.
 
The chairman of the foundation, Pharmacist Gerald Ndigwe in an Health Outreach tagged, “END MALARIA FOR GOOD” said malaria as an epidemic disease needed to be eradicated and the foundation is to provide free health counseling, prevention, treatment and resistance for malaria with more focus on pregnant women and children.
 
Ndigwe who revealed that there is a 97% death risk of malaria in the country, sought for massive supports from both government and non-government agencies to combat the ugly trend.
 
“When they say malaria kills it does indeed as there is a 97% death risk of malaria in Nigeria, therefore we need to do more in informing the public about preventive measures, treatment and resistance of malaria.”
 
Onyekachi Estelle Mbodine, the country’s coordinator for Global Antibiotics Resistance Partnership (GARP) lamented the alarming death rate of the scourge, urging the government in combating malaria.
 
“We are calling on the government to do more in combating malaria as it has become a global threat which affects about 212million persons globally with death cases of about 229, 000 annually in Africa” she said.
 
Ovo Otarigho, Co-Founder of Impact Driven Young Leaders Initiatives said that enlightenment and provision of basic support are imperative in combating and preventing malaria in the country.
 
The beneficiaries of the Health Outreach expressed gratitude to the foundation, adding that such outreach is an eye opener on preventive measures against malaria.
Sarah Elisha, a resident of Mpape said she was very grateful to the foundation for the test, treatment and awareness on malaria.
 
“I am very happy about the outreach. I have learnt that dirty environment breeds mosquitoes which in turn cause malaria and I am happy about the free test and drugs I got too.”
 
Also, Felicite Godswill, a resident of Mpape said “I know the government is trying to eradicate malaria but I must commend this outreach because I have been ill for two days now and my children and I just got tested and drugs for free. I am very happy.”
 
*Photo Caption - As seen.

[ Masterweb Reports: Isiaka Wakili reports ] - President Muhammadu Buhari says Allah has answered Nigerians' prayers for his health. Buhari said this on Saturday in his condolences delivered by the Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Dambassau, to the family of a prominent Kano State businessman Alhaji Audu Adahama as well as the government and the people of the state.
 
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu,who accompanied the minister, said Buhari thanked the people of the state for their profuse prayers and good wishes in the period he was away for treatment in London.

Shehu quoted the president as saying: "Allah has accepted your prayers and we are thankful to you for joining other Nigerians in saying those prayers for me and the nation. On behalf of my family, the government and the people of the entire country,please accept our heartfelt condolences."

President Buhari, according to Shehu, described the death of the ex-customs officer and community leader as a painful loss.

Buhari affirmed that Adahama lived a worthy life having fully paid his dues to his community, the Customs which he served "with diligence and the country as a loyal and dutiful citizen."

Responding, a family member and former chairman of the Kano Chamber of Commerce,Alhaji Saidu Dattijo Adahama, thanked Buhari for his interest in the wellbeing of the family and the people of the state in general. 

He assured that Kano State would always be in support of President Buhari.

The Late Adahama, 78, was survived by four children, including the Special Assistant to the President on Youths Matters, Nasiru Adahama.
 
*Photo Caption - President Muhammadu Buhari
 
 

[Masterweb Reports: Ihechukwu Njoku reports ] - Famed Nigerian cleric T.B. Joshua has made yet another controversial statement, admitting that he is afraid to collect money from congregants in the form of offerings.  “People like me are scared when it comes to collecting thanksgiving because I don't know where you are coming from with your money,” Joshua candidly stated in a sermon on Sunday 9th April 2017, subsequently released on his popular YouTube channel Emmanuel TV.
 
“Many can come with blood-money,” he acknowledged. “They will just enter church and when it is time for offering, they will raise their offering whereas it's blood-money. What can a man of God use that kind of blood-money for? Are they going to bless the man?”
 
According to Joshua, this issue has been the bane of many ministries. “What we receive from our members as offering and thanksgiving is killing us,” he warned fellow pastors.  
 
The cleric went further to proffer a way out, suggesting that ministers of God are also to blame for the way they praise and give attention to those who drop the largest offerings.
 
“Wicked people like the pastor to ask. If the pastor does not ask, praise and recognise them, they cannot give. They like praise and recognition,” he explained.  
 
“If you want to avoid these people and stop them from putting money - don't praise them. Let them know it's God they give to, not you.”
 
Revealing another clue, Joshua called on pastors to stop receiving offerings ‘directly’ from congregants. “If you don't receive something directly from a killer, he will not give you - because he wants to be recognised. They like praise; that is their reward because they have no reward from God.”
 
Joshua stressed that offerings in the church are between the worshipper and God. “What comes from God goes to God. If what you have is from God, it will go to God - you don't need to have any recognition from the pastor. Whatever you want to give God, you give it,” he surmised.
 
 
The pastor then impressed on people the need to consider the force behind any action, not merely the action itself. "The force behind your action determines where the action comes from... It's not what you see but the force behind what you see that matters,” he stated.
 
This is not the first time T.B. Joshua’s statements about tithes and offerings have come to the fore. Last year, news surfaced of an elderly woman whom Joshua returned a tithe of N500,000 to, adding that God would not approve of him collecting a tithe from such an elderly person in need of his support.
 
Ihechukwu Njoku ( Email: chuk.njoku@gmail.com ) is a freelance Nigerian writer.
 
*Photo Caption - TB. Joshua