Scams are carried out by fraudulent people who plan to defraud gullible respondents. Nigeria Masterweb hereby disassociates itself from its clients who may wish to use its service for fraudulent purposes.. Click here for related news articles and information on the Nigerian 419 Scam. Click here to contribute to online discussion forum on scam. Any client of Nigeria Masterweb that uses its services for 419 and other criminal activities shall be doing so at a great personal risk.
- often contact you by unsolicited bulk mail, spam email but will eventually start calling by phone as soon as you give them your details
- claim to have a lot of money stashed away in a Nigerian (or any other African country) account but there are several other variants - Inheritance, Wills, Next of kin, Contract claims and recently, Lotteries
- often need someone to help them transfer it out of the country with a view to sharing the said sum with them.
- assure you itís a risk free deal and encourage you to send them your personal details.
- often lead you on by sending falsified paper work to support what they claim. They often include ID cards, passports, faxes, memos, approvals, funds release certificates, fake cheques, fake Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and other government agenciesí letter of contract award, agreements, fake CBN letter head, fake NNPC and CBN official stamps, etc.
- often use yahoo.com (and other free email providers) e-mail address as a medium of communication. Some now use paid email service.
- Some organized scammers often have a fake Central Bank of Nigeria and other government agenciesí website where they post fake documents to support their claims.
- Their preferred means of transferring money is by Money Gram and Western Union Money Transfer. They will never transfer via secure means like Ė Swift Code.
* Please confirm all business propositions mailed to you from Nigeria with the Nigerian Embassy in your country.
* ALL OUR CLIENTS IN NIGERIA SIGN LEGAL UNDERTAKING FOR USE OF OUR WEB SERVICES FOR LEGITIMATE PURPOSES.
Masterweb is bound by law to co-operate with Economic and Financial Crimes Commission( EFCC ) and other law enforcement agencies in the case of illegal use of its work for a client.